5 Days Mount Kenya Climbing Adventure - Sirimon Route Down Chogoria Route Direct
Itinerary (5 days)
A great challenge and adventurous trek option’ – Pole pole Trekking A combination of the two of Mount Kenyas most challenging and scenic routes , from the lush green forests and U-shaped valleys of Sirimon to the unique features of the temple, mushroom rocks and the Gorge Valleys on the Chogoria approach side . There are several contrast in micro-climatic conditions, Chogoria route being wetter and more moist than Sirimon route. This itinerary accommodations are in huts and camping .
Distance: 90 km | Difficulty: Moderate I Start and end Nairobi
Nanyuki /Sirimon/Judmier Camp (Old Moses Camp) 3-4 hrs, 9km, 860m ascent
Leave Nanyuki at 8 am proceed to Sirimon Gate, 1 hr, 2440m. From the gate follow the track as it winds uphill though the forest which becomes heath land after about 3 hrs.
About 3½ hours from the gate the track veers right to Judmier Camp, 3300m for dinner and overnight, L, D
Judmier Camp/Shipton Camp 6-7hrs, 14km, 900m ascent
After breakfast, follow the track uphill, forking left at the junction. After one hour from Old Moses Camp, the track crosses Ontulili River. Go right contouring through the Moorland and crossing Liki North and continue uphill to Mackinders Valley from where there are panoramic views up the valley towards the main peaks.
Dinner and overnight at Shipton Camp, 4200m, B,L,D
Spend the day acclimatizing. Walk to Kami Hut down to Hauseberg Lakes (Hauseberg Tarn and Nanyuki Tarn). Walk back to Shipton for dinner and overnight.
Shiptons/Point Lenana/Mount Meru Bandas (Chogoria Gate) 6 hrs, 14km, 785m ascent
Leave at 3am up a steep stony quarry that cuts through a cliff clearing visible part towards lower Hall Tarns arriving point Lenana at 6:30am, taking about 3hrs.
After the sunrise, descend down to Mintos hut, 2hrs, for breakfast and further hrs down to Mount Meru Bandas, 2950m, for dinner and overnight, B, L, D
Descend 2hr, 15km to forest clearance to catch a 4x4 transfer vehicle to Chogoria Village where you will connect with your transfer vehicle back to Nairobi, B,L.
Inclusions & Exclusions
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek. Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Treated water on the trek.
- On completion, successful climb Certificate
- Round trip airport transfers
- 02 nights hotel accommodations in Nairobi mid-range hotel BB
- Laundry, sleeping bags, beverages/Drinks and climbing gears
- International flights
- Visas to Kenya
- Items of personal nature
- Dinners in Nairobi
- Tips to guide ,porters and cook
Best Price (USD)
(age 17+) Youth
(age 5-16) Children